Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jorgensen Says Pickett Has Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew



Scotty Jorgensen is primed for a run at the WEC bantamweight title, but Brad Pickett stands in his way.

And Jorgensen has made the WEC 50 bout personal.

"[Pickett] thinks he's going to come in here and derail my title shot hopes, but I've got news for him; He's bitten off more than he can chew with me," Jorgensen told TapouTVTC.com.

No matter where the fight goes, Jorgensen is confident that he has the upper hand.

 "He thinks he can wrestle, he thinks he can box, but unfortunately I'm better than him at both of those things. Far better," Jorgensen said.

Part of what makes Jorgensen so confident is his experience. Jorgensen is looking for his fifth straight win in the WEC, and he doesn't believe that Pickett will be able to handle the pressure he puts on.

"I'm going to give him everything he ever thought he could handle," Jorgensen said. "He's never been what I've been through. He's never been in the Boise State wrestling room. He's been through club practice, he's never been through what I've been."

And in the end, Jorgensen thinks that his physical tools and determination will see him through the fight.

"I'm stronger, faster, more explosive, harder headed. I'm stubborn," Jorgensen said. "For him to remove me from the cage, they're going to have to have a doctor come in and drag me out, because I'm going to take him out."

In Pickett, Jorgensen faces on opponent who is on a nine-fight win streak, six of which have come by stoppage. When the cage door closes at WEC 50, Jorgensen will get the opportunity to back up the talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment