Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Watch the UFC 118 Press Conference at 3:00 PM EST

Join TapouTVTC.com right here at 3:00 PM EST today for the UFC 118 press conference. B.J. Penn, Frankie Edgar, Randy Couture, James Toney, Kenny Florian, Gray Maynard and Dana White will be on hand to take questions at the Great Hall in Faneuil Hall in Boston. You can also watch the press conference live here.

White:
"I didn't think I would make it, but then I ended up doing it." ~ on booking a James Toney fight
"[Tony]'s got more knockouts than Randy has fights."
"Lots of guys in boxing have talked smack about the UFC, one guy has come in and signed the contract."
"Gray Maynard beats Kenny Florian, he deserves a title shot, no doubt about it."
"Toronto. I want to get to Toronto as fast as possible." ~ on what city White wants the UFC in next.
"I would never do anything to embarrass myself. I know a lot more than you think I know."
"It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when." ~ on getting the UFC in New York
"We're going to be announcing some things in the next month or so that will take things to another level."

Penn:
"I feel like I'm going to blow a lot of people away on Saturday night, and they're going to be surprised who BJ Penn is."
"I love to be the contender."
"At certain times I've lived up to the expectations, and at certain times I haven't."

Edgar:
"The confidence that I gained from the last fight has really pushed me in the right direction."

Couture:
"This sport is going to continue to explode around the world whether I win or lose this fight."
"I don't do any talking, it all happens in the cage. That's all that matters."

Toney:
"I'm a different kind of animal. I adapt to my atmosphere."
"Bunch of cowards in there." ~ responding to White saying boxing has a lot of problems

Florian:
"I don't feel any added pressure fighting in my home town. This is a dream."
"This is the best point in my career to face a guy like Gray Maynard."

Maynard:
"I've got a couple more pounds to cut, so I'm going to be pretty hungry tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment