Monday, August 23, 2010

Randy Couture: "It's My Job to Point Out [Toney's Delusion]"




Randy Couture isn't buying in to the media hype.

For Couture, his UFC 118 bout isn't boxing versus MMA, but Randy Couture vs. James Toney.

"... to have a guy like James, who's a four-time world champion in boxing, sign on the dotted line and step up and want to try his hand in mixed martial arts, I'm honored to be the guy to welcome him," Couture told TapouTVTC.com.

But just because Couture isn't "plugged in" to the media hype, that doesn't mean that he hasn't heard Toney talking.

The way Couture sees it, it is his job to set Toney straight.

"I think he's a little deluded  in his perspective in how well just boxing alone is going to do in a mixed martial arts fight," Couture said. "It's kind of my job to point that out to him."

So while Toney talks of first round knockouts, Couture has prepared for a full MMA fight.

"I know James is going to be dangerous, especially early in that striking realm of the fight, but there's a lot of other things that can happen in a mixed martial arts fight and I've trained, I've worked hard, and I'm ready to go," Couture.

Come this Saturday, Couture will get the opportunity to prove that his training can overtake one of the most ferocious punchers to enter the UFC heavyweight division

No comments:

Post a Comment